Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi I have the envy desktop 700-509c (K5G76AA#ABL) tower and wantes to know wich is the latest biso version

Now, on my system, it does say that i have 80.20 version( wich says it dates from july 2015) and when I go on the support hp site, it tells me that the latest version is AO-0.13 revA.....when I tried to put that version, a black window came on telling me it was not compatible

please help

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

The latest available BIOS update for your PC Is sp77785.exe

A0.07 Rev.A    6.0 MB    Oct 5, 2016

We have two BIOS versions released on the same date

1) HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2B36)
       A0.13 Rev.A    12.1 MB    Oct 5, 2016

2) HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2B35)

The reason the BIOS A0.13 Rev.A said is not comaptible because ROM family defers. You pc has ROM Family SSID 2B35.

Please try updating the above Sp77785

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

The latest available BIOS update for your PC Is sp77785.exe

We have two BIOS versions released on the same date

1) HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2B36)
       A0.13 Rev.A    12.1 MB    Oct 5, 2016

2) HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2B35)

The reason the BIOS A0.13 Rev.A said is not comaptible because ROM family defers. You pc has ROM Family SSID 2B35.

Please try updating the above Sp77785

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Most "BIOS-update" packages come with a warning that the BIOS should be updated _only_ when it is known that the customer has a problem that will be solved by a BIOS update.

The reason for this is that it is too easy to "brick" the computer if a BIOS-update gets interrupted, e.g., by the slim chance that your home's electrical power will go off in the middle of the update.

So, please describe the problem do you have, and why you think that a BIOS-update will solve the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.