Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP 880-160SE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

I was using my PC Saturday night. After a few hours, I turned it off thinking everything was fine. Sunday morning, I turned it on and it was stuck on a black screen. I waited and waited and nothing happened. I pressed and held the power button to turn it off. I waited and started it up again and still a black screen. I turned it off and on again a few times in succession so that it would go into recovery mode and instead, the power button flashed and it beeped about eight times. I went online on my phone and saw that a possible reason may be the BIOS. I followed the procedure to reset the BIOS and sure enough, it restored the BIOS and after a few automatic restarts, I'm back in business. I use my PC for about two hours and shut if off thinking the problem was solved. I was wrong. This morning, I go to start it and I get the same black screen. This time, it doesn't give me the beeps or flashes even after turning it off and on repeatedly to get into recovery mode. Does anyone have a clue on how I can get my PC working again? Resetting the BIOS apparently did not work. Am I missing something or did I do something wrong?

Ray

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@thedarkknight64 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting black screen during startup.

In that case, I would suggest you perform the system test.

Please perform the below steps on the computer to run a System Test

- Shut down/Turn off the computer

- Once the computer is completely Shut down/Turned off

- Now press the power button once to turn on the computer and immediately start pressing/tapping the F2 key on the keyboard

- This should open the UEFI Diagnostic screen on the computer

- Please select System Test and then select Extensive Test

Please let us know the result.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.