Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi

We had a few issues with our PC today and it has got progressively worse to the extent we can now only get the blue screen of death!

Its a PC that we don’t use a massive amount and is about 2 years old. I used it in the week and it had updates to do (which I let it). When we went to use it today, it needed another update which we did. We noticed some of our Steam game apps randomly appeared on the desktop (usually ion folders) and an AMD graphics driver error. We restarted it and then it got to the log in screen but it wouldn’t let us click onto the bit to type I’m the password. It was like we had leant on a key and would come up. We couldn’t use the keyboard to restart and so had to hold the power button down to turn off.

When we turned it back in we were greeted with automatic repair blue screen menu, but it wouldn’t let us do anything! We eventually managed to get into cmd mode and followed some instructions to back up and restore but nothing worked. When it asked to select Y/N/All it said that path was not found. 
We then turned off and when we turned it back on we were greeted with this screen.

We  turned off and pressed Esc and had this screen, we had a look around but wasn’t sure what to do and so gave up!

We’d appreciate any help with how to get our pc back up and running please.

Many thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Sunnies84

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please run a System Test to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests, then click Extensive Test.

If all the Tests pass perform a Reset. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error appears when a system suffers from a serious hardware or software problem that it couldn’t handle and as a defensive measure, the system ‘force stops’ the OS, and you see a BSOD (blue screen of death) with error code. This may also occur because of the following problems in a Windows system:

1. Hard drive errors
  2. Loose or faulty wires and connections
  3. Invalid BIOS settings
  4. Damaged motherboard chipset drivers
  5. Virus or malware infection
  6. System file corruption
  7. Outdated or corrupt device drivers
  8. Paging file corruption

Below are the steps you can follow to fix BSOD issue:

1. Inspect the hardware connections & wires
  2. Inspect hard drive (Run CHKDSK Repair)
  3. Clean Boot
  4. Restore BIOS Default Settings
  5. Remove any Third-party incompatible software
  6. Run Anti-virus or malware scan
  7. Execute SFC Scan
  8. Disable, Re-install or Update device drivers

Hope it will help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.