Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 65W G4 Desktop Mini PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a chain of events driven by the well publicised problematic W10 September update, I'm still suffering a couple of issues and wondered if anyone can help? In short, I had start menu, printing and search issues after the W10 update, so attempted to roll back to a previous restore point. Unfortunately, the PC then got stuck in a perpetual booting loop, so I had to restore Windows from the back-up. That seemed to resolve most of my issues except:

1. Bluetooth doesn't work anymore. The bluetooth icon appears on the task bar and I can attempt to connect BT devices through settings, but they are never found. The BT troubleshooter makes changes (turning on the BT radio) but it doesn't help.

2. The start menu and search seem to sporadically stop responding after a while. It's generally ok after a restart, but the longer the PC runs, the more likely they are to stop working.

I've installed several updates, but nothing seems to fix things. Any ideas?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.