Uncle_Tupelo
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Bluetooth and other problems since W10 update

HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 65W G4 Desktop Mini PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a chain of events driven by the well publicised problematic W10 September update, I'm still suffering a couple of issues and wondered if anyone can help? In short, I had start menu, printing and search issues after the W10 update, so attempted to roll back to a previous restore point. Unfortunately, the PC then got stuck in a perpetual booting loop, so I had to restore Windows from the back-up. That seemed to resolve most of my issues except:

1. Bluetooth doesn't work anymore. The bluetooth icon appears on the task bar and I can attempt to connect BT devices through settings, but they are never found. The BT troubleshooter makes changes (turning on the BT radio) but it doesn't help.

2. The start menu and search seem to sporadically stop responding after a while. It's generally ok after a restart, but the longer the PC runs, the more likely they are to stop working.

I've installed several updates, but nothing seems to fix things. Any ideas?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation