Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 875-1007na Gaming PC - NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please help 5 day old brand new computer wont connect to my hp w2558hc monitor via HDMI to the back of the graffics card, i have to keep turning the monitor on and off to get it to connect to the screen. also it won,t shut down properly ethier.this is my 6th hp computor over the years?  i also have a hp laptop and have never had this problem.....

many thanks.

james.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You have a potential problem with:

1. The monitor

2. The HDMI cable or the connections

3. The new PC.

The improper shut down issue is also a problem. What is happening when you shut down? Did this occur before you installed any additional software?

A brand new PC should not exhibit shutdown problems unless you have installed software causing this problem.

1. Have you verified the monitor works on a different PC? Can you try a different monitor on the new PC?

2. Try a different HDMI cable or reseat the current HDMI cable at both connection points.

3. Consider contacting HP Support (Link) or return/exchange the PC if items 1 and 2 don't fix the problem.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Grzwacz,thanks for your help 1. i have nothing installed only norton 2. the only third party connected is steam on line.3 also i have had 4 blue screen stop errors. boy and all this for £2.999.00

ps i have pulled out the hdmi cable and put it back.

problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Code: 3b
Parameter 1: c0000005
Parameter 2: ffffff4d814d1d5c
Parameter 3: ffffd38987ffec40
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_18363
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 2057

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xffffff4d814d1d5c, 0xffffd38987ffec40, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 349504d6-2ba7-44ff-aae3-0b1b19f8c958.

james.

HP Recommended

Hi DENJAME,

You're very welcome.

The bugcheck error code 0x0000003b can be reviewed at this site (Link).  You could drill down closer to the problem using the additional hexadecimal error codes but this is time consuming.

Look in the "Remarks" section for common things to check. It would not hurt to run a checkdisk (Link).

You have a device problem or a driver problem.

I would remove Norton and check the system. 

The graphics card driver may be corrupted because you have problems with video{try updating the driver at this site (Link)} or the graphics card may be in trouble.

A brand new PC should not do what you are seeing.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Grzwacz,well this is where i am at, purchased a new DVI TO HDMI connector and a new HDMI cable tried the new cable that was no good? added the DVI TO HDMI connected the DVI to my HP screen now looks sorted. my GTX driver is the latest 441.41? i have not as yet had any more blue screens'' could it have been that the communication in my older cable was braking down when playing on steam under load that caused the blue screen just a thought?.if the blue screen happens again i will come back to you.

many thanks as always.

james.

HP Recommended

Hi James,

You're very welcome.

Run your PC through it's paces to verify you are good to go.

It could have been the old cable or the old DVI to HDMI adapter.

No blue screens and consistent video output is a good sign.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.