Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 27 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

CAMERA NOT WORKING ON MY NEWLY PURCHASED ALL-IN-ONE DESKTOP...…….how to correct this problem??!!!!

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

I should have clarified...…...I cant get facial recognition to work because Windows hello face is "unavailable"...…...how do I make the camera available?

HP Recommended

@Roxxy99 Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the correct product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

product # is 3UQ79AA#ABA is a HP Pavilion All-in-One 27-xa0xxx

Sign-in options indicates that Windows Hello Face ......"This option is currently unavailable"......"We couldnt find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face"

HP Recommended

@Roxxy99

Thank you for the update.

Please let us know if you are able to open the camera application.

I suggest you check with an alternate application to confirm if this is related to the Windows Hello or the computer,

that said, If the issue persists on the other app as well, please update the BIOS and the Chipset drivers: Click here to find and install the same.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.  The camera app works just fine taking photos.  

Why does HP package up a PC and sell it with a non-functional feature?  And then expect the customer is supposed to figure it out and resolve the issue?  Totally unacceptable!  I purchased this PC for a handsome sum of $2,900 and I expect all functions to work right out of the box.  Very unsatisfied and unlikely to purchase another HP product.

HP Recommended

@Roxxy99

I understand your concerns.

Please refer to the below link to HP PCs - Troubleshooting Windows Hello Face Recognition.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05873680

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Please be specific and tell us a little bit more. Which camera it is? 

HP Recommended

HI, I have the same problem. I have month old laptop where the camera/microphone was working until last week and suddenly stopped working. All steps on the web followed and still not working. It is a build in camera/microphone that now shows as hidden in the device manager with message <Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)>

Laptop has been backed up but problem persists. 

Laptop HP Notebook-15-dw0012na-  

Any help? 

Thanks, 

HP Recommended

Are you using any camera app? Check it one more time everything is okey there. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.