Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to get help from HP Support on a bios update. Support site just spins all day long not getting anywhere.

This system is under support for 10 more months so not sure what the heck is going on with HPs site.

According to the HP tool on the desktop there is a bios update, done many of these so the process is pretty easy but this update fails with a lack of free space available. This is wrong because i have over 600GB of free space on a 1TB drive. So plenty of space there for it to use. This could be something with the HP partition I guess but still doesn't make sense.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Indeed, it is curious
You don't have the original ssd drive, just in case?
When you try the utility, it does not offer to create USB media?

Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

it is annoying, because there can be several causes, and I do not know if to insist would be a good thing, if it fails, your computer may be unusable
apart from that it works well?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hello

[start]
This is an automatic response
in order to avoid writing the same thing each time

Some elements may therefore not apply to you 
To be able to answer you effectively, we need some information

we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support
and for a laptop
HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

Give the full name with the product number P / N

this is not a model:
HP Desktop M01-F1xxx
the requested product number must look like this
Product Number: 9EE50AA # ABA
the model corresponding to this number will therefore be
HP Desktop - M01-F1033wb

Give the full version of windows

for windows 10 type winver in the search box
if you give the best information
your problem could have a solution more quickly (depending on the difficulty, of course)
Learn how to use the Community

Advice for asking the "Very Best Question"

First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More

-----------------------------------------------------

An update of the bios, is risky, if it does not work sometimes, it is better to abstain.
I am waiting for more information!
thank you

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Product number: 300D0AV

Omen 30L Desktop GT13-1380z CTO

Windows 10 version is 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1348)

HP Recommended

Sorry no match, just :

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/omen-by-hp-30l-gaming-desktop-pc-gt13-1380z-38t60av-1

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/omen-30l-desktop-pc-gt13-1000i/2100000185/product-info

do you see your motherboard here,    SSID?
what version of bios do you have?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended
Operating system
Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 19044.1348

Microprocessor

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor

System memory
32 GB

Memory slot 1
16GB Kingston 3200MHz
Memory slot 2
16GB Kingston 3200MHz

System board
8876 11

System BIOS
F.11

Video
Graphic device 1
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

Current resolution
1920 x 1080

Refresh rate
60 Hz

Version
30.0.14.9709 (11/26/2021)
HP Recommended

NVMe Samsung SSD 970 SCSI Disk

HP Recommended

Apologies for jumping in unannounced.

@MrAlaskan 

I cannot track down a product Home Page for your machine.

I did find it in an internal document - so part way there...

I've sent a request for Review so someone with some extra access can help.

The issue might be tied to the unique qualities of the CTO build - most entries for this general series are 13-1000i (not "z")

??

Hang in there...

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that our Community moderators review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not an HP business group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Important

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@MrAlaskan  from what you told me, it would be more here:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/omen-30l-desktop-pc-gt13-1000a/2100404772/product-info

motherboard probably

Hana motherboard specifications

• HP name: Hana

• SSID: 8876

you indicate that you have a 1TB HDD disk
"This is wrong because i have over 600GB of free space on a 1TB drive."
But you also have an SSD the product page give above, originally indicates a space of only 256 GB
you specified here
NVMe Samsung SSD 970 SCSI Disk
but is the original one, what capacity is it?
It doesn't matter if you have the HDD with space, if the SSD doesn't have enough it may be the cause of the problems.

if you have the motherboard indicated
the version available here:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-30l-desktop-pc-gt13-1000a/2100404772...

- Fixes issue where firmware cyclic redundancy check would not diagnose certain problems when system auto powers on into DeepS5.
- Fixes board leakage problem. Sets KBRST default to GPIO input.
- Adds thermal table change condition to LC_FAN_65W_CPU
- Removes debug test code in FAN_PWM_DISABLE()"
- Sets SMBus frequency to 400KHz.

Most of the time I advise against updating the bios, but here it seems that it is better to do it, I'm not sure
to see the available space of the SSD, if this is the problem it can be solved

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hi,

So yes the current 1TB SSD is NOT the original. I replaced the original 256GB with a faster and larger 1TB SSD.

And as I stated the amount of space available on that is over 600GB. So more than enough for a bios update.

I will look and see if i can download the update manually and run it that way.

I tried manually downloading the update and it fails the same.

Not enough space.  Again i have more than enough space. This sounds like a disconnect between whatever HP is looking at and the actual space in use it is seeing. Not sure why it would not look at what windows is seeing.

this was why i was attempting to use the HP support site originally because i thought it would be quicker to get someone from HP support on and have them look at things.  But when i tried that it would not load up the HP support site, just sat spinning.

HP Recommended

Indeed, it is curious
You don't have the original ssd drive, just in case?
When you try the utility, it does not offer to create USB media?

Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

it is annoying, because there can be several causes, and I do not know if to insist would be a good thing, if it fails, your computer may be unusable
apart from that it works well?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.