Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion P6-2103
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wasn’t to sure about this so can I install a Asus GT 1030 on a Cupertino2-h61-ua TX motherboard? It has a Pentium G630

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, your PC's BIOS family is too old to support that model graphics adapter.

Your PC's BIOS family is 7.xx and you need a PC with an 8.xx BIOS family or higher to run any nVidia GT 7xx or newer.

Your PC is limited to legacy video cards GT 6xx or older.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, your PC's BIOS family is too old to support that model graphics adapter.

Your PC's BIOS family is 7.xx and you need a PC with an 8.xx BIOS family or higher to run any nVidia GT 7xx or newer.

Your PC is limited to legacy video cards GT 6xx or older.

HP Recommended

Thank for the information and quick response, guess I’ll just have to buy a new pc or motherboard 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I would go with a new PC, because when you change out the motherboard then you have to also buy a new Windows license too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.