Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Media Center PC m7160n

Hey guys, I have always played this super fun old computer game called Age of Mythology with my brothers when they come home from college. The last time we tried to play, my HP Media Center PC m7160n wouldn’t load me in because my BIO’s is not ACPI compliant. The annoying part is on all the resolution videos it says to press the f7 key when prompted to download storage dividers. I for one don’t know what those are, and also am never prompted to do it. The only thing I can do is go into the set up and see all the settings. I have tried like all of the different settings and tinkered with them and nothing works. My stupid brother spilled his water over the keyboard one time and so I think that may be the reason why when I press some of the f keys when prompted to, nothing happens. But I don’t know that for certain, the keys are all weird anyways. Any help at all would mean the world to me, I would hate to throw this relic out because of this. It is a big part of me and my brothers childhoods. 

Thanks so much!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Cam111 

Sorry, but the sad fact is that the useful life of any PC eventually comes to an end.  Sounds like that has happened to yours.

You don't mention the model number but the latest media center PC I worked on was ten years old -- and HP does not provide support beyond 5 years.  So, you are out of luck where that is concerned.

Also, what you need are "drivers" not "dividers" -- and once again, due to the age of the PC, HP no longer provides these.

If you contact the game vendor (presume they are till around) they might be able to provide drivers or tell you where you can get them. 

We are unable to diagnose or fix gaming-specific issues here.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.