cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Level 2
28 19 1 2
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Can't see bios

HP Recommended
HP Compaq Pro 6305 MT w/ AMD A8 3.2GHz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought a refurbished tower and after about 1 day of setting it up with windows 10 and updating it, I restarted the computer as normal, but this time it wold go to the motions to start but now I have no video so cannot see the bios so I can enable a new video card through the bios settings, does anyone have any idea's on what I can do? I really do not think it is a video problem because the pc passed vigurous testing before I bought it and video was working great so now I am stumped, I even tried booting with the new video card in it but still a black screen even tried replacing the ram and made sur the proccessor was seated correctly. PLEASE HELP..

5 REPLIES 5
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,681
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did the "refurbished" computer come with a 30-day warranty? 14 days?

If so, either take it back to the retail store that sold it to you, and exchange/repair/replace/refund.

Or, file a claim against the warranty, to get the warranty-provider to repair/replace.

0 Kudos
Author
Level 2
28 19 1 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

NO. it was not a refurbished pc, I been using it for over 4 years and decided to upgrade to windows 10 everything worked perfect until; the last update download I was asked to restat the pc because of the update instalation and the pc has been a black screen ever since that update. it it was under a warrantee for 3 years and it expired 7 months ago... I already gave up because there is no way to repair it without video and cannot put a new video into it because you have to be able to see the bios to change settings to use the card instead of the onboard video... but thanks everyone for the answers. But it is time to buy a new pc but this time make sure I can use my pci slots without changing settings in bios..

0 Kudos
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,681
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MYKHOOD wrote:

I already gave up because there is no way to repair it without video and cannot put a new video into it because you have to be able to see the bios to change settings to use the card instead of the onboard video.

Most motherboards, when they detect the presence of an add-in graphics adapter card, will AUTOMATICALLY disable the "onboard" graphics -- there is no need to enter BIOS SETUP to make the change.

So, connect the new video-card, and connect your monitor to its video-output port, disconnect the data/power cables from the disk-drive and the CD/DVD device, and boot the computer.

The HP "splash" screen should display, if your motherboard is even marginally working.

Of course, without access to the disk-drive and the CD/DVD device, you will get a message like "no boot device detected", but you should be able to see that message.

If you do not see anything, then either the new graphics-adapter card is faulty, or the motherboard itself has failed, or the monitor has failed.

Try connecting the monitor to the video-output port of some other desktop, or laptop, computer, to prove that the monitor still works.

0 Kudos
Author
Level 2
28 19 1 2
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have done that before I decided to come here to community support site. I tried 2 different graphic cards 4 different monitors, changed out ram memory and tried all 4 slots. I changed power cords. I tried everything possible, I even took out the battery and put it back in. Still I here the pc running, ( even the hard drive is moving, but all I see is a black screen, but now after about 1 minute the fans start to clock out at top speed and stays that way until I cut the power off. I cant explain what happened, but it all came after an update that required a restart.

0 Kudos
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,681
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I [hear] the pc running, ( even the hard drive is moving, but all I see is a black screen,

> but now after about 1 minute the fans start to clock out at top speed and stays that way until I cut the power off.

> I can''t explain what happened, but it all came after an update that required a restart.

Do you get the same symptoms after disconnecting the data/power cables from the disk-drive and the CD/DVD device, and then rebooting?

The symptoms seem to describe a failed motherboard.

When you power-on the motherboard, it should launch the POST (Power On Self Test).

The POST will measure the temperature of the processor and the motherboard.

If the values literally are "cool", the motherboard will slow-down the fans, which causes the fans to make much less noise than what you have observed.

The POST should issue one "beep" after the successful completion of the POST. Do you hear that beep?

Have you heard that "beep" in the past, when the computer was working correctly?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation