Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6510y

Cannot download anything using usb ports???

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@carlmoyer 

You said Both upload and download -- so what actually are you trying to do?

What are you connecting to the USB ports -- sticks? External drives?

What errors are you encountering when you try to do this?

We can proceed when you provide the information.
Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

ONLY UPLOAD, Download was an error

Sticks

Memory card from camera is in the stick, nothing happens, and a red light comes on the stick.  Have uploaded pictures from cameras either direct from the camera or a memory card in the stick for many, many years.  About a month ago, that stopped.

I do not have an I phone to use as a camera.

Thank you for your help

Carl Moyer

HP Recommended

@carlmoyer 

We're using terms differently -- as UPLOAD would mean TO something; DOWNLOAD would mean FROM something.

So, if you are copying pictures from the camera to your PC, you are DOWNLOADING them from the camera.

Sounds like you are using a memory card from the camera and then some kind of adapter to mount that into your PC, right?  If that is the case, I don't see that we can do anything because it sounds like the adapter is not working properly.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.