Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop 570-p026
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My son was doing an update on his pc when he it the power cord and unplugged it. Now the pc wont boot up and display wont connect. The keyboard and mouse light up for a few moments. I did notice that the white power light blinked 8 times and the computer beeped 8 times before it would just go silent. What can I do to fix it. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Brandy1980 

What kind of update was he doing when  the power got pulled?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I'm not exactly sure. I do know he knew it had something to do with bios. He didn't read the update or what it was for. He is only 12. Its took him 3 to 4 days to tell me his computer was messed up. The pc will power up, but there is no display, all it does is comes on and shortly after the power button starts blinking white beeping. I did some research and something told me to count the flashes and beeps to try to figure out the error code. I did that I got 8 white blinks and 8 beeps. Then I was told to go and download bios to a scan drive so I did that and followed those directions and that didnt work. I am finding that my only answer is to pay 40 dollars for a reboot disk and have it shipped to me but I don't know if that disk will work or not. I am so confused

HP Recommended

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 82F2) this was part of it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.