Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Power Desktop 580-137c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The chipset for a Pavilion 580-137c is listed as an, "AMD Promontory2"....I've never heard of this nor can I find anything about it on AMD's site, it must be incorrectly listed. What is the name of the original chipset that comes stock with a 580-137c, Basswood motherboard, 8399, AMD  Radeon RX 550 graphics, Ryzen 7 1700 processor? I didn't want to unscrew it, was just hoping someone would knopw, but I can't seem to find any answers, not one person seems to know,  in hours of Googling it.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

AMD does not provide as much info on chipsets as Intel does.

You could have a AMD 400 series chipset. Promontory referred to the AMD 300 chipset. Promontory2 could be a AMD 400 series chipset which can support Ryzen 2000 and Ryzen 3000 series processors.

But you would need a BIOS update from HP if you are thinking about jumping to a newer Ryzen processor.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello
We do not find this information, because it is most likely a specific appointment Hp or new
It is practically useless to know it from elsewhere
In case of upgrade, refer to what is indicated by HP
  the motherboard, being most certainly made in for HP, other components, even if normally compatible with this chipset, will not work, or little luck!
If not, you must ask the people concerned directly, the after-sales service HP, to perhaps be the answer!
Has software of this type been tested if not?

https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy

motherboard specifications, Basswood

• TDP: up to 65 W
  • Socket type: AM4
  • Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
    Processor
    TDP
    AMD Ryzen7-1700 (Summit Ridge) 3.0 GHz, 8 cores/16 threads (Pavilion Power chassis only)
    65 W
    AMD Ryzen5-1600 (Summit Ridge) 3.2 GHz, 6 cores/12 threads
    65 W
    AMD Ryzen5-1400 (Summit Ridge) 3.2 GHz, 4 cores/8 threads
    65 W
    AMD Ryzen3-1200 (Summit Ridge) 3.1 GHz, 4 cores/4 threads
    65 W

• Dual channel (1 DIMM per channel) memory architecture
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC4-19200 (DRR4-2400)
  • Supports 4 GB and 8 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers
note:
Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system.

NB:  maybe you just have to look for Promontory
it gives a lot more results, it can help to understand a lot of things

ex

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14983/amd-b550a-chipset-oem-only-pcie-30

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I've tried each of the different types of AM4 updates, they all do different (and wrong) things, so I still can't figure out what mine even originally had. I looked at the motherboard and there's not even ANY AMD chip in sight on the entire bnoard, so I'm convinced the world is just braindead

HP Recommended

Sorry but I don't understand
What has been updated?

If these are device drivers please give the links
In the first question I understood, that it was possibly to install new components?
So what is the purpose of this request?
Another thread was opened, is it in relation to this same problem  Search drivers ?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.