Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Phoenix 810-150ea Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a Hewlett-Packard 810-150ea with a SSD and a HDD, running windows 10 1903 (came with Windows 8.1). I need to perform a clean install of 1903, but there appears to be conflicting information on the internet of how to do this. I have downloaded 1903 on a flash drive when I attempt to install 1903 I selected to perform a Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) I am asked if I want to delete any partitions, I have 6 on drive C (drive 0) Windows RE tools, EFI Windows (C:) and a 785 MB OEM Partition and a 450 MB OEM Partition. Should I delete all of the partitions? I have read the EFI is to enable the PC to boot from different drives and should not be deleted.

Also can I move the Recover image to the HDD to give me an extra 10.15 GB of space on the SSD drive?

My DrivesMy Drives

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@HP_dtop 

The EFI partition is what allows the PC to boot -- in this case, into Windows. Do NOT remove it.

The Recovery partition is now useless, so you can remove that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@HP_dtop 

Your Recover image is now useless -- as the Upgrade to Win10 is known to corrupt it.  So, if you DO decide to do a clean-install, you should first remove the Recovery partition to reuse the space.

HP Recommended

Hi WAWood,

Thanks for the reply.

When I perform a clean install of Windows 10 (1903) can I delete all the partitions including the EFI system partition? I have read the EFI system is used to enable the PC to boot from different drives and should not be deleted.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

@HP_dtop 

The EFI partition is what allows the PC to boot -- in this case, into Windows. Do NOT remove it.

The Recovery partition is now useless, so you can remove that.

HP Recommended

WAWood, thanks for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.