Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

After I had a "critical" Windows 10 update, my computer runs very slow.  It takes forever to connect to the internet.  What could be wrong?  I am using Microsoft Edge (which was preinstalled on my computer).  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

See this discussion.

Sounds like you have the same issue...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/just-bought-new-laptop-Envy-i7-10-min-start-u...

HP Recommended

Hi there Carizona & Welcome to Your Forum!:

1st of all are you running any kind of antivirus, antimalware apps?  at the very least you should start with Windows Defender which will hold you over until you decide on better defenses for your PC

for my Pavilion 410y I'm also have a antirootkit program as well in addition to the other 2

2. did you try "System Restore"which can often bail you out of problematic situations

that applet is either located in "settings" section of windows 10 or if you promoted your box from Win 7 the Control Panel & system restore icons in Control Panel

click on System Restore then observe what your peepers see on the screen

you should be good to go afterwards

hope this helps

good luck

kingtopcat

HP Recommended

Hi:

HP has just released this fix...

TITLE: HP Image Enhancement for System Logon

VERSION: 1.00 REV: A PASS: 1
DESCRIPTION:
This package provides an update to HP image prevents/fix long system logon
process.

PURPOSE: Critical
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP81965.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: 6c95f0e2e0779fa4f23039ac59cdd114
SUPERSEDES: None
EFFECTIVE DATE: September 16, 2017
CATEGORY: Software-Solutions
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes

PRODUCT TYPE(S):
Workstations;Consumer Desktops;Notebooks

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81965.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.