Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion PC 570-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My desktop automatically installed the Windows update to bring it up to version 2004. It used to start up with Num Lock on. It now starts with Num Lock off. I checked the registry setting HKEY_USERS. . Default. Control Panel. Keyboard and found that it is set to 2147483648, which is one of the acceptable values for it to start with Num Lock on. What is causing it to start with Num Lock off? Better yet, how do I set it to start with Num Lock on like it used to? I use a password to sign on.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Found the fix. I turned Num Lock off and then pressed Fn/Num Lock. Rebooted and it now remembers the setting.

HP Recommended

also most PC on earth , in bios you can pick that as you want

and then the oS , takes that fact as your demand,.(cold booted not , warm or sleep waked up)

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Well, I guess I was wrong. The PC booted today with Num Lock off.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot. Worked like a charm.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.