Level 4
93 67 6 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Computer starts up with Num Lock off

HP Recommended
Pavilion PC 570-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My desktop automatically installed the Windows update to bring it up to version 2004. It used to start up with Num Lock on. It now starts with Num Lock off. I checked the registry setting HKEY_USERS. . Default. Control Panel. Keyboard and found that it is set to 2147483648, which is one of the acceptable values for it to start with Num Lock on. What is causing it to start with Num Lock off? Better yet, how do I set it to start with Num Lock on like it used to? I use a password to sign on.

4 REPLIES 4
taherte2
Author
Level 4
93 67 6 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Found the fix. I turned Num Lock off and then pressed Fn/Num Lock. Rebooted and it now remembers the setting.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
savvy2
Level 7
1,432 1,383 40 124
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

also most PC on earth , in bios you can pick that as you want

and then the oS , takes that fact as your demand,.(cold booted not , warm or sleep waked up)

NO warranty answers by me.
taherte2
Author
Level 4
93 67 6 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, I guess I was wrong. The PC booted today with Num Lock off.

Giedrė
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot. Worked like a charm.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation