Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 460-p050na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

My pc suddenly didn't boot so I decided to reset it. I did tried system recovery and factory reset both but during the process it shows DPC watchdog violation and restarts. I tried with ubuntu too but it displays TSC_Deadline disabled due to Errata: please update microcode to version: 0x25 (or later). Futhermore, it won't even allow me to try ubuntu without installing from the usb. It just displays blank screen. 

I would be greatly thankful if anyone could guide me on this and help me fix it.  Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Have you tried the "search" function within this forum, searching for "DPC watchdog violation", and then read some of the other discussion threads?

HP Recommended

Hp and Ubuntu do not play well together.  I don't know how to say it any better but you will have trouble running any ubuntu flavor on newer hps.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.