Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion P7-1110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was told by Windows staff today 14/02/20 that the above HP CPU never supported Windows 10 or Windows 8. . 

Windows 10 was released for retail July 29, 2015

I purchased my HP P7-1110 March 1, 2012.  

So basically the HP desktop computer I purchased from HP was JUNK 3 YEARS AFTER I PURCHASED IT. 

Why is that?  Because HP failed to upgrade the BIOS & Drivers. 

Why would anyone buy a computer that is garbage after 3 years? 

Why would anyone purchase a computer from HP if they fail to do a necessary upgrade. 

The simple reason is that they expect me to purchase another HP Product - That will NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. 

Do you think ALL of my family friends and associates will hear the above?  Obviously. 

If not on this Forum - other people will be posting it on other forums. 

BTW - the Windows personnel I spoke to couldn't have been more helpful. 

The HP personnel won't talk to me to explain anything period. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Glenn444 

The cut off month for HP machines: August 2013 that means machines which were manufactured before August 2013 will not get full support under Windows 10.

Windows 7 is dead, your machine should still have support under Windows 8/8.1.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

That is correct "The cut off month for HP machines: August 2013

However, the Microsoft person told me Windows 8 was not compatible with my CPU.  I believe I saw that as the Microsoft person was displaying to me the HP www site. 

I have been using Windows 10 for the last 2 years but with the latest windows upgrade (yesterday) that stopped some of the software to stop working. I have no idea what HP would have to do to upgrade BIOS & Drivers.  My next computer will not be an HP & yes perhaps other computer manufacturers do the same or are worse but I will certainly try the best to get latest Versions of hardware and software.  Am I wrong with that thinking? 

Or is there something I can purchase & change inside this HP that would fix this BIOS & Driver problem? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.