Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-0005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok now I know with laptops there are sometimes issues when using sleep, but I have a desktop. When I moved the mouse to resume from sleep, the PC made some beeps and a kind of chime sound, but did not resume. I pressed the keyboard, still nothing, all that happened was the beep/ chimes sounds. The PC is only 5 months old, and this is the first time it has done this.

So the question is what does it mean? I am assuming that the beeps, etc are produced by the PC for a reason. In the end I had to hold the start button for 10 seconds, then press again, at that point the PC started.

Anyone any ideas - oh and to be clear it is a desktop not a laptop.

Keith

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Silverwood 

There are two different issues to consider here.

First, here is a link to the beep codes for desktops that should help you identify the problem:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

Second, since beep codes are nearly always hardware (or firmware), neither of which you can fix, then you need to contact HP to get this serviced and fixed under the warranty.  

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet to check out the problems.

If they are unable to fix your PC, then you need to explore what options you have to get it replaced under the warranty.

To contact HP Support Goto this page https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Ok that is helpful. Unfortunately I did not record the beeps, etc as I did not know what was happening. Therefore at the moment I dont know why it happened so I can't tell HP what the problem is. If it happens again I can record the beeps and use your document to work it out. So thank you.

Keith

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.