Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My computer goes to sleep every 30mins.  I have checked my power settings and I have it set to "never" on when to sleep. I checked my display settings and there is nothing that should cause my computer to sleep every 30mins.

Now what??

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't know why your PC sleeps if you have the current, active, power plan set to "never".

This issue should not be happening.

Most folks have problems using sleep and wake from sleep commands using USB devices.

Reset Power settings in Advanced options to see if this helps.

Regards

HP Recommended

Sorry if it sounds stupid but is it your monitor that's going to sleep rather than your computer? Some devices have power settings like the network card that can sometimes cause suspend.  Some bios setup setting can cause suspend also but be careful changing things in the bios and look it up first.  Take pictures with your phone or write down anything you change so you can set it back.  You could disable fastboot and hibernation in windows power settings also. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.