Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6000 Series

Windows 10 I believe.  I do not know the bit.  HP Pavilion P6000 Series.  A blue screen is showing when booted up.  It shows the date and time and has a small monitor showing on the lower right hand corner.  Every time I attempt to reboot, it goes to the blue screen.  Last night I attempted to do a restore of my computer to an earlier date which was three days ago.  I had loaded a software to try that rearranged my computer's desktop with all of folders.  So I decided to restore the computer to an earlier date.  I let it restore over night.  When I came back to it this morning, it said that the restore was unsuccessful. I did it again today and it said the restore was successful.  Now I am unable to use my computer.  Please help.

Steph2020

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@StephieH 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

You said you attempted a restore, was this a System Restore? Asking because those basically do little or no good, even when they work.  System Restore is NOT a time machine; instead, when Windows Update applies updates, it saves off the existing Windows system files it is updating, replacing, or deleting.  So, when you run a System Restore, all it does is restore those Windows System files.  It neither saves nor restores your data, settings, or applications.

When the Blue Screen shows up, is there any kind of Stop Code on the screen?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.