Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 570
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Desktop PC won't start up anymore. Tried factory reset, hard reset, nothing helps. After last hard reset, screen remains black, nothing can be entered.

How do I restore this?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

First try doing a Diagnostic test.

To run the Diagnostics routine, start tapping the Esc key and then press the start button.
Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows. Then pick Diagnostics from that popup menu, F2.
Report back with the results.  This will tell us where to start looking after the results of the tests are known.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately: this doesn't work.

Whatever I try when starting up, the screen remains black, no cursor, no mouse-indicator.
The screen works fine, before I tried the factory reset it worked as well and I can see the signal is coming through even now.

There's just nothing on the screen.
No diagnostics menu, no pop up, nothing.

Tried hard reset as well, same result.

HP Recommended

If you followed my instructions from my first post,  to the letter and nothing comes up, then you have had a hardware failure.

Make sure all accessories expect mouse and keyboard are disconnected.  Then - To reiterate - start tapping Esc BEFORE starting the computer and keep tapping Esc until a popup screen shows.  If that does not happen, then about the only alternative is taking it to a shop.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

In that case, taking it to the shop will be the answer I guess.
Thanks for your answers.

HP Recommended

If that is what you do, please post back so myself and others will have an answer as to what was actually wrong.

Thank You

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

If I take it to the shop, I'll let you know.
Just not sure yet, cause it's out of waranty so they'll start charging just for looking at it.
I have to decide if it's worth that.

HP Recommended

Yes, you are correct.  Most shops will charge a "bench fee" just to take it in and then an hourly rate plus parts.

Since you not in USA, I have no idea what to expect.  You can inquire to see what the shops in your area do or ask a "computer friend" to help you.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.