cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacobKaiju
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Do HDMI splitters works on a HP Pavilion 500-100 series Desktop?

HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-153w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can a HP Pavilion 500-153w desktop PC be able to run both a monitor and a pen display at the same time? I have a XP-Pen Artist 12 pen display/artist tablet that I got recently and I'm trying to inquire how I can use it. I knew it ran on HDMI and my model of the HP Pavilion 500-153w series, which is about two or three years old, has only one HDMI port, so I got a very cheap HDMI splitter for them both. Now, the pen display worked with the monitor, and all was fine, then I turned it on one day, and I saw that the computer monitor had some noise on it, and I didn't know why. The XP-Pen Artist 12 was working alright, but the monitor was off. Plus, the monitor flashed for a brief second to black, than went back to normal. 

So, I was wonder if this is due to the type of splitter I was using, as it's very cheap (it doesn't even have a brand name on it), and came in a simple clear bag, or due to processing strength of my computer. 

If anybody has a way to resolve this, I'm all ears (or eyes). Do I have to get a graphic card for my Pavilion? Or is this a simple case of purchasing a better brand of splitter or switcher?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation