Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-153w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can a HP Pavilion 500-153w desktop PC be able to run both a monitor and a pen display at the same time? I have a XP-Pen Artist 12 pen display/artist tablet that I got recently and I'm trying to inquire how I can use it. I knew it ran on HDMI and my model of the HP Pavilion 500-153w series, which is about two or three years old, has only one HDMI port, so I got a very cheap HDMI splitter for them both. Now, the pen display worked with the monitor, and all was fine, then I turned it on one day, and I saw that the computer monitor had some noise on it, and I didn't know why. The XP-Pen Artist 12 was working alright, but the monitor was off. Plus, the monitor flashed for a brief second to black, than went back to normal. 

So, I was wonder if this is due to the type of splitter I was using, as it's very cheap (it doesn't even have a brand name on it), and came in a simple clear bag, or due to processing strength of my computer. 

If anybody has a way to resolve this, I'm all ears (or eyes). Do I have to get a graphic card for my Pavilion? Or is this a simple case of purchasing a better brand of splitter or switcher?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.