Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Power 580-188no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I am Swedish and new to the forum. Please forgive me for using the translation software in Word to provide the text in English.

It is so that I have an HP Power 580-188no bought 2018

with the specification:

Intel Core i5-8400, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, DVD+/-RW GeForce GTX1060, WiFi, Windows 10 Home, m. m.

My question concerns an error that recurs from time to time, and every now and then the computer "sighs" and the mouse pointer freezes on the screen... Sometimes it is a few seconds since "detaches" the mouse pointer.... until the next time. Then the mouse pointer is "stuck" and then I must turn off the mouse and turn it back on. At best, it works again... But what has recently happened is that when the mouse pointer "stuck". Then nothing at all does not help Ctrl-Alt-Delete!?   Then just use the Power button and turn it off and restart again… The logbook says at every opportunity that this happens:

CRITICAL Kernel-Power Event ID 41 Activity Category (63) For an amateur, I ask myself the question... I have run the extensive HP PC Hardware Diagnostic on the entire system.    It took almost 2 hours, and it found nothing wrong. I downloaded and ran Intel's IPDT Processor Test program. It did not prove anything wrong either, from what I understood. Of course, when the fault does not exist, then it is probably not possible to know what it is... So, I wonder if what Event Viewer indicates can point out what is wrong? Grateful  
if anyone can suggest action to avoid this wretched problem.

Hallekal43

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Hallekal43 

Intermittent errors are the hardest to diagnose and the hardest to fix. 

Here is a thread with some solutions that MIGHT work -- just be careful NOT to download anything:  https://www.zerodollartips.com/kernel-power-event-id-41-windows-10/

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, WAWood, Many thanks to your advice.

Sorry to the delayed answer. 

I shall read the tread careful, but so far I have seen I think it's to advanced for me , too old and not enough knowledge

I shall let you know if your advice and tread will solve my problem.

Best Regards

Hallekal43

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.