Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Slim Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased this Slim Desktop new from Walmart in July of 2021 and registered it then. In August I was informed by HP that my warranty had expired. I cannot contact HP because I am classified as "out of warranty", How can I get through to HP that their information on my warranty is incorrecct,  I need to get to customer support but cannot.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi@Kfrog41,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

We understand the infomation on the warranty shows incorrectly. The Register your product link.

If still not updated,  I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

I'm sorry.  This HP website is the most custome unfriendly thing I have encountered.  Thank you for the reply from the support community but it did not help me make any contact with HP to try to get my problem solved.  I have learned that I registered my "slim desktop" after my purchases of it new (unopened original box) just before 07/20/2021.  That is the date I registered the purchase as a new computer.  However, as I have stated before and am stating again after frustrating attempts today - I cannot make any dirct contact with HP concerning this desktop because the only response I get is that this desktop's warranty is expired - end of contact.  At virtually all other business websites I have always eventually been able to speak by telephone with a "live" customer support person.  Not so with HP !!!!!

HP Recommended

Hi@Kfrog41,

Thank you for waiting! I understand your concern and to help you out, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send us a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

To assist you better, do you have a previous case number or were you in contact with the escalations team?

I understand you need assistance and I’d love to help. However, we encourage our customers to create a public post so that the conversation may help other community members find a similar solution.

Hence, I would request you to create a public post with the same query, so that you may get your answers from the various members we have in our community forums at HP.

Keep me posted.

HP Recommended

Actually I did some digging on my own and found email documents dated July 20 and 21.  On July 20 I received a "do not reply" contact from HP Support replying to my contact (not sure how I made it, but I did) giving me a case number of 5069463233.

Case Subject indicated was obviously  from inquiry I had made concerning the warranty on the computer I had purchased. I received this on my email site.  Then on July 21 I received an apparent follow up stating that my warranty status had been verified and HP's records updated   Warranty start date given as 7/19/2021 and end date 7/18/2022.  I have copies of both emails I could forward if necessary.  This is the problem - any contact I currently make with HP receives an auto reply that my warranty has expired.  That indicates that somehow the statement on July 21 that my warranty status had been verified and records updated either did not happen or was never recorded.  All I'm after at this time is a completed correction that no longer shows my warranty as expired and that I can take advantage of Q and A about my product that is, in fact, still under warranty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.