Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1012 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

So basically, my hp computer has been wiped, but the recovery partition is still intact. 

It was Wiped of its HP software awhile ago, but the Recovery stuff is still intact, I got disks to try and recover the computer completely, but all it does when i load into DISK 1,

Is show a background, show 2 command prompts. Then it reboots and boots off of the disk again with the same thing happening. i popped the disk in a HP laptop to see if i would get different results, and i did, it said that the disk wasn't gonna work on the laptop (of course) it popped up recovery manager saying that without any other stuff, keep in mind the one I'm trying to recover is a desktop, not that laptop. anyways on the Desktop HP i unhooked the hard drive and booted into the DVD but it still did the same thing, the background and the two command prompts, and i don't really know at this point how to recover my Desktop HP, because i got DISKS. yet i cant get it to even load recovery manager, After the two cmd windows, Recovery manager is supposed to open, but doesn't. I need some help with this HP.

oh also F11 Without the DVD wont work, it only boots to recovery with the DVD, so it must be stored somewhat on the DVD maybe?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

hi

I honestly find it hard to follow everything you say.
but if part of the reinstallation system is deleted, quite often it will not work
so if you launch F11 at startup, you can't do anything, right?
"unhooked the hard drive and booted into the DVD but it still did the same thing,"
I don't really understand what you mean, but if no HDD, impossible to use the recovery DVDs!
Why was the system erased, how?
The dvds, are the dvds that you created at the beginning, provided by Hp, purchased?

Normally you don't even need to use F11 , at least I did once a long time ago
provided the hard drive is functional, check in the bios that the computer is configured to boot from the cd drive
Reboot with recovery dvd no. 1, and the process should start
If that doesn't work, there may be a problem with the DVDs, HDD or something else!

In this case, it would be necessary to obtain a windows dvd, same version, try the installation, use the product key which must be on the computer for activation

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.