Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-one Serial Nr [Personal Information Removed]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday, I moved my HP All-in-one to a different room and ever since then I have the BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error.

I've tried different ways to restore this, following some of the videos posted on this forum, but unfortunately without any luck.

After talking to HP tech support, they told me that the only way they can help me is when I actually wipe my C: drive clean, which would mean losing all my docs, which is no option.

Hope that there will be someone out here who can recommend another solution.

Tnx

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TechieWannebe -- did you try using "System Restore", to "time-warp" Windows back to a date/time where it was working properly?

Does this error-message appear very soon after powering-on your computer, or later, as Windows is starting?

You did disconnect the computer from electrical power. Perhaps, the small CMOS battery on the motherboard has failed.  How old is that battery? How old is the computer?

HP Recommended

There could be several reasons that cause BAD SYSTEM CONFIG Error which may causes BSOD in Windows system, such as:

• Faulty or outdated device drivers
  • Corruption in Boot Configuration Data (BCD) File
  • Faulty hard drive
  • Corrupted Windows Registry
  • Faulty system files/programs

To fix such Bad System Config Error you can try the below methods:

1. Update Device Driver
  2. Fix corrupt BCD file
  3. Run CHKDSK command
  4. Fix corrupted Windows Registry
  5. Perform System Restore

Further, I suggest you to check the below link for more details on the above methods:

https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/windows-stop-code-bad-system-config-info/

Hope it solves your problem!

HP Recommended
How to Fix BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO Error If you are having a problem booting into Windows 10 or another version of Windows like Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and your system is stuck in a reboot loop displaying Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO then this video will help ...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.