Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 280 G2 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a PC HP 280 G2, i alredy upgraded PSU to Antec BP450S

after that, I installed GTX 1050 Ti, but it only stop at Windows loading, then be came to same standby mode, had no any action 😞

i don't know what kind of graphic card that PC can support?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I already changed a new card - Quadro K620, now it work as well.

I can use MSI GTX 750 Ti too (but K620 is better than GTX 750 for my work) only Inno3D GTX 1050 Ti had trouble.

(I had no opportunity to tried others brand of GTX 1050 Ti like Gigabyte, Asus...)

Thank for your supported!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

What is the brand and specific model of the GTX 1050 Ti?

Did you connect PCIe power connector(s) to the rear of the card before booting?

After installing a great graphics card, although I don't know which brand and model you have, why did you lowball on the PSU and not install a decent brand?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

My graphic card is Inno3D Geforce GTX 1050 Ti Twin

They said that this card no need power connector

i already test this card on Dell Vostro 270 (PSU 300W), it work very well

HP Recommended

The company website says it requires a 400W PSU.

See the thermal and power specs section on the following web page.

http://www.inno3d.com/products_detail.php?refid=265

That may be what is causing the problem when it is installed in the HP 280 G2 desktop PC

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

thank for your help.

but i already upgrade PSU from 180W existing to 450W (Antec brand) before installed 😞

i am looking for mainboard support information.

Could you tell me where i can find list of graphic card that PC support?

HP Recommended

@batmanqn wrote:

thank for your help.

but i already upgrade PSU from 180W existing to 450W (Antec brand) before installed 😞

i am looking for mainboard support information.

Could you tell me where i can find list of graphic card that PC support?

The only place there is a list would be in the HP PartSurfer or the HP 280 G2 Maintenence manual.

In the manual, check in the illustrated parts section. The following video cards are shown as optional:

AMD R5 320, 1 GB GDDR3, PCIe x16
nVIDIA GT730, 2 GB DDR3, PCIex8  (you do not want to use PCVIe x8 video cards)
nVIDIA GT720, 2 GB DDR3, PCIex8

Otherwise, owners search the internet for video card success stories.  They do their own research to ensure that they are installing a video card that matches the BIOS type.  Installing a video card that works only with legacy BIOS in a UEFI BIOS system is not viable. The same applies to the opposite scenario. Your HP 280 G2 desktop PC is a UEFI BIOS type.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much, Mr. Erico,

Follow instruction from manufacture, only some cards in the list that you mentioned is proposed.

But now i need ones that is stronger than Gtx 730. i will try, if it can work as well, i will show in this topic.

Thank. :TongueOut:

HP Recommended

I can use MSI GTX 750 Ti too (but K620 is better than GTX 750 for my work) only Inno3D GTX 1050 Ti had trouble.

(I had no opportunity to tried others brand of GTX 1050 Ti like Gigabyte, Asus...)

HP Recommended

@batmanqn wrote:

It is a bit self-serving to mark your post as the solution when a suggestion made by another person was actually what led you to the resolution of your issue. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.