Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 750-129ns
FreeDOS
So I recently purchased a new tower and got a HP 750-129ns and on arrival I realised it didn't come with any windows installed. I'm not a fan of Windows 10 and and thought I'd stick with 7.
I've been having problems installing it, as soon as windows installation loads up and the choose language option appears my keyboard and mouse don't work. Ive read online that it's because win7 on boot don't recognize USB3 and the easiest way is to disable USB 3 in bios until the installation is done. So is that possible in the HP envy 750 bios? As mine is all in Spanish but I can't make out if they is a setting option their to disable USB3.
Thanks for any help you can provide, this is driving me crazy.
Alex
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Alex:

The problem with your PC is the Skylake chipset, and the lack of USB3 drivers in your windows installation media.

The Skylake chipset does not have USB2 support until after you install the chipset driver.

The solution for your dilemma is to run this tool on a PC with W8.1 or W10.

There is a readme instruction link (found under the release notes section), which will provide you with the information you need to get W7 to install on your PC.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Alex:

The problem with your PC is the Skylake chipset, and the lack of USB3 drivers in your windows installation media.

The Skylake chipset does not have USB2 support until after you install the chipset driver.

The solution for your dilemma is to run this tool on a PC with W8.1 or W10.

There is a readme instruction link (found under the release notes section), which will provide you with the information you need to get W7 to install on your PC.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

HP Recommended

Thank you very much Paul, your a god send!!! ive spent hours looing for the answer on the net and all the blogs give the most hardest way around it using cmd to maualy do it yourself, then my cmd wasnt running right and didnt understand anything. The answer you provided was simple and easy to do, thanks, my installation in now in progress and UBS3 problem resolved.

great, thanks alot

Alex

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Alex.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.