Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
B & O pavilion all in one

My computer will not start up. Have tried start up repair multiple times and response is “startup repair couldn’t repair your PC. Press advanced options to try other options to repair your PC or shut down to turn off pc. Log file: (balance). 

shutting down does not help. 

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

no exact model told but ok.

first off not all symptoms told by you.

1: is PC 100 % dead

2: fans dead?

3: screen 100% dead,, no beeps, no blicking LED? codes.

4: all BIOS hot keys dead.

or just  windows dead and not any of the above, 

PCs boot in a serial process,  and windows is  last , lots more works or does not work before windows.

seems to me PC is not dead, and BIOS works great , right?

and only windows fails dead,

well step one (after RTC coin cell not dead) is to test the HDD,

no OS can run on any HDD that is dead or weak. if smart test fails the HDD IS TOAST , take that to the bank.

test the HDD first. if is HDD (no PC model posted)  test it first or a lost weekend happens. see?

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

@LoriC1 

You were provided sound advice by @savvy2 -- but no instructions on HOW to test your drive; so I will supply those to you.

If your PC is new enough to support UEFI, you can use these steps to test the hard drive: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024

If not, to check the drive you have to follow these steps:
1) Press Esc key repeatedly, several times a second, while rebooting the laptop. Do NOT hold the key down, just press it over and over.
2) Eventually, you will see an HP Startup Menu
3) Press the Function key for testing the hard drive (usually F2) and let it run.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.