Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-b110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Serial number#***72005HC

Z5L84AA#ABA

The HP Clod Recovery Image appears to be defective, and will not install on this machine.

1. The Cloud Image to the USB drive indicates successful download. 

2. Installation process on the computer appears fine, until what I believe is the last restart of the installation?

3. Message presented after the restart: The recovery attempt has failed. Select one of the following buttons:  Save Log, Details, Retry

The "details"  button provides the following information.

CTOError.flg - Notepad

Component: Windows 10 PIN Diagnostic Tool ReD - CPS

Timing: FactoryUpdate

Error: Incorrect brand name [EnvyAIO]

Expected: Brand name from FB [Envy]

Next Step: check Model Name or Feature Byte

I am fairly familiar with the HP Cloud Recovery process, I have never encountered this problem on a re-installation, I am thinking it's an issue with the image provided by HP?

Thanks,

John

34 REPLIES 34
HP Recommended

@jvolek 

Hello,

I suggest that you perform a thorough test to verify that your computer has no hardware problems.

In the first instance, please run the Extensive Test as follows:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately, about once every second, press the F2 key repeatedly.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests, then click Extensive Test, and then click on Run.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component displays on the screen.

4. If a component fails a test, note the failure ID (24-digit code) and provide it to us in your next response.

If you do not have the above option, please create a USB stick of HP Hardware Diagnostic UEFI with another computer.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp135501-136000/sp135884.exe

As noted in the HP document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04675792.

If no hardware problems are detected, please use HP Cloud Recovery Tool to create an HP system recovery USB flash drive as follows (from another computer).

To get started, you need the following:

• A blank USB drive: Must have a minimum of 32 GB.

1. Download and Install HP Cloud Recovery Tool.
  2. Insert a USB drive with a minimum of 32 GB.
  3. Right-click HP Cloud Recovery Tool, then click Run as administrator, and then click Yes.
  4. Check the box I need to enter Product ID for my HP system, then in the Product ID field type Z5L84AA#ABA of your notebook.
  5. Click on Next, then select your USB drive from the drop-down list and finally click on Next.
  6. Click OK or Yes, then follow the instructions on the screen and wait for the creation time.
  7. Performing a System Recovery (Windows 10).

Z5L84AA#ABA = HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-b110.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response, I did run the quick tests, but not the Extensive...I will check that this evening.

Part 2 of your message, I have downloaded the cloud image 3 different times to ensure it was not a bad download, but the same issue was presented on all three attempts to restore the computer. 

I have used the cloud to restore numerous machines, this is the first issue I have encountered, hence my preference for HP machines. 

HP Recommended

@jvolek 

Thanks for your return,

It is possible that your computer is experiencing a hardware problem with the SSD NVMe M.2 or one of the memory modules (RAM), hence the error encountered when you reinstall the PC with the HP reinstallation media.

That's why I'm asking you to do a more Extensive test.

In case of need, don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Will run the test tonight thank you.

HP Recommended

I think so!
Do you encounter the same problem when you try to reinstall the PC with another USB port?

HP Recommended

Yes, thought of that as well and tried 3 different ports, no luck!

HP Recommended

@jvolek,

OK!
In that case, I await your answer tonight or tomorrow after I have done the extensive test.

HP Recommended

Hi, @jvolek 

You can also try making a plain W10 USB installation flash drive with the media creation tool and clean install W10 if you can't get the cloud recovery tool to work.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-b110 Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thank you, might try that as a last-ditch effort.

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.