Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0066
Microsoft Windows 11

My  desktop HP Pavilion 590-p0066 suddenly stopped  loading windows 11. Only HP logo came and nothing happened.

Windows 11 was upgraded 2 weeks before automatically and ran successfully for two weeks before it stopped working.

So I tried below steps to fix this issue, but nothing helpful

1. Used recovery Manager and backed up my files and folders to external drive. Then with with recovery manager I tried to do factory restore. It ran for few hours and stopped  when it restarted the machine. During the restart the HP logo came and stopped.

2.  Since step 1 did not progress, I thought of using  HP cloud recovery. I downloaded the recovery into USB and tried to do the factory restore. Again the process stopped during restart. HP logo came and I saw the message starting services and Getting devices ready. Then the screen frozen and stopped.No response.

3. Both above HP recovery is not successful. So I thought of going for clean windows 10 install. I downloaded windows 10 bootable in to USB from microsoft. I tried to boot from this USB and during install i formatted the hard drive with diskpart/clean commands.  Then windows started installing and again during the restart of installation process I can see the HP logo, then starting services and Getting devices ready.  Now I saw the percent of progress. The Getting devices ready start at 20% and went on up to 50% and stopped. No progress after that for next several hours.

4. Same as step 3, I tried to install windows 11 and again Getting devices ready did not progress after 50%.

5.  Since all above step failed I thought any hardware issue. So I downloaded HP PC Hardware UEFI Diagnostics in to USB and ran all the test the tool have. All tests completed successfully and no error code returned.  

Now I totally don't have any clue what went wrong. Could be BIOS issue ?  Does HP PC Hardware UEFI Diagnostics tool check for BIOS ? I even restored BIOS to factory default and still issue persists. 

One common issue pattern I noticed is, it happens during the restart.  

Did anyone faced this kind of issue  and resolved ?.  Can any experts help me ?.  Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sakthi12 -- I formatted the hard drive with diskpart/clean commands.  

How old is your computer's disk-drive?

Did you use "quick format"? It only creates an "empty" table-of-contents. It does not "test" every sector on the disk-drive, looking for "bad" sectors.  A "full format" may take a few hours.

Have you tried installing to a brand-new disk-drive, instead of your current (and "suspect") disk-drive?

If you are going to install to a brand-new disk-drive, definitely consider buying a SSD, rather than a HDD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.