Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Desktop 690-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just started up my son's brand new HP Gaming Desktop Computer (690-0024) with a 1TB hard drive and a 128 GB solid state drive.  He installed two gaming apps on the computer and the C: drive is now showing only 3.32GB free out of 118GB!!!  However, when I click to see where the GB are being used it shows 75.8GB being used by Apps & games.   When I click to show all the Apps & games, it only adds up to MAYBE 8-10GB max, and that may be OVERestimating.   I've tried the disk cleanup and running the antivirus software, restarting, and none of that has helped free up any space.  There are Windows and security updates that need to be installed, but the computer is stating that I don't have enough disk space to perform them.  Any ideas???  I've read threads with people with the same problem, but they all just keep saying to do a disk cleanup, but I've done that and the computer has only been used for about 8 hrs total since we got it!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The installed games on the small SSD could be the problem.

You will have to uninstall the games. Reinstall the games using a custom install.

Install the games on the larger platter HDD.

Install future stuff on the platter HDD.

The problem with this is you have program installations spread across two different disks.

This creates an operating system disk backup and recovery nightmare when you have to replace the operating system disk.

I don't recommend small operating system drives.

The best solution is to install a much larger operating system drive.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.