Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My laptop suddenly shut down. At first I thought it might have been because the battery has been drained so I charged it. But after more than 2 hours, I noticed that my laptop isn't full yet. I opened it and saw that it was only at 16% and even tho the battery icon is showing "plugged in, charging" it hasn't moved from 16%. Please help me.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Zelart

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Did you try another charger?
  • Does the notebook shut down immediately (right after you unplug the charger)?
  • Do you get any error message on your notebook (Such as Plugged in, not charging, etc.)?
  •  What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying to my post. As of now, my laptop is down to 12%. I don't think my laptop underwent a windows/software update recently. I still used the same charger provided when the laptop was bought. Yes, it immediately shuts down right after I unplug the charger. And I didn't receive any error message on my laptop. The product no. of my device is: 2EN55EA#A2N  

The product name is HP x2 Detachable 10-p0XX. As of now, my laptop is down to 12%.

HP Recommended

@Zelart Here's a related post that seems to have helped others, please click here to view the same and if that doesn't work, and yet you still have battery left, perform a hardware test on the battery using the steps mentioned below:

1. Remove the notebook battery and check the contact points to make sure they are not damaged.

2. Unplug all USB devices from the notebook.

Many notebook models continue to provide power to USB devices through the USB ports, even when the computer is powered off or in a suspended state.

3. Unplug the AC power cable.

4. Insert the battery into the battery compartment on the bottom of the notebook computer.

5. Plug the AC power cable into the computer and into an AC wall outlet, then allow the battery to charge for 15 to 30 minutes.

NOTE: 

The power LED, located near the power icon, glows while the battery is charging.

6. Unplug the power adapter cord from the notebook.

7. Press and release the Power button to start the computer using only the battery as the power source.

• If the computer powers on, the battery is functioning. Run the HP Battery Check utility to evaluate the battery at Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows).

• If the computer does not power on, continue to the next step.

8. If you have a second battery for your computer, replace the original battery with the second battery and perform the troubleshooting steps again.

• If the computer powers on with the second battery and the battery charges correctly, contact HP Customer Support for battery replacement. See Purchasing a Replacement Battery.

• If the problem remains with the new battery, you might need to replace the system board. Contact HP Customer Support for further assistance.

I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.