Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0024
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi Guys,  so I been testing to see how particular failover network connectivity work.  I try to hold up a connection through the internet and I have both Wifi and Ethernet connected.  I use Priority to know exactly what network connection is being used in any particular time.  When I unplug the Ethernet the Wifi kicks in 3 seconds later, and I'm able to get the connection to stay, but the application seems to kick me off and I need to log back in due to that 3 seconds delay in switching connectivity.  I read through these boards that LAN/WAN(or WLAN) auto switching is enabled by default and this is why the Ethernet connection and the Wifi Connection are not used at the same time.  On the HO Omen 30L  I went into the Bios and I feel I am not seeing all the options I am used to seeing on a regular HP.  This particular product has a System Utility page with limited settings.  I tried a few things online with no success but my concern now becomes, does this option exist on HP Omen, if not what is the prefer way to control this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Ruslex,

Have you tried those steps yet? Do you still need assistance? Let me know if I can help. Have a great day 🙂 

Thanks!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Ruslex,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I understand that you are experiencing issues with network connectivity. I'd like to help!

Some of the most popular games today require sufficient network bandwidth to stream live with uninterrupted gameplay. Even a few milliseconds of delay could make the difference. 

Please go through the article mentioned in the link Click here. This will help you understand how it works

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Ruslex,

Have you tried those steps yet? Do you still need assistance? Let me know if I can help. Have a great day 🙂 

Thanks!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Not the solution I was looking for but very good information .

HP Recommended

Hi @Ruslex

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it 😃 Do keep us posted if any assistance. Take care

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.