Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just want to chime in as well.  I don't have an OMEN, but the 790 HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop and started encountering the BSOD loop in the beginning of May.  I couldn't even get into Safe Mode and the first time I had to reinstall Windows.  I've been creating restore points every few days, and I've had to restore 3 times already.  It just happened again to me today.

I've done Memtest and SSD tests and nothing is wrong.  I've searched and it appears a common thread is there is a lot of mention of "HP Desktops" suffering this in May 2020.

HP Recommended

This has been happening to me the past couple days as well. I kept restoring, everything would be fine I would update windows do whatever and turn off my pc, right as I turned it back on same scenario. Hopefully they are working on a fix soon!

HP Recommended

My computer is still going strong without going to the BSOD since the last time I posted. I'm going to hold out on updating my system for as long as possible because I can't risk more crashes. Something I didn't mention before, when I reset my PC I found a window for uninstalling updates. I uninstalled everything I could and then deferred updates. 

Like others on here, I have been very frustrated with my HP + Microsoft experience. My second machine is a macbook from 2014 and it's been the more reliable than any Windows machine I've ever owned.

HP Recommended

Same exact issue as everyone else. My wife also has the same computer and is the BSOD now. I reinstalled windows and completely erased all files.. This fixed the issue for a few days but it just went right back to the same thing.

I just did the following to both of our computers and so far the BSODs stopped.

Installed GeForce Experience

Updated the driver under the driver tab (This updated the graphics and audio drivers)

Restart after complete

I'll do my best to update if the BSODs come back.

HP Recommended

I'm also pretty sure this has to do with the new Windows 10 update. Maybe the drivers that are automatically installed just aren't playing nice with something in the update.

HP Recommended

Not sure why my last post isnt showing up. But I second that this has to do with the new Windows update. I have the latest windows update (Went in and checked for updates) and did the GEforce Experience driver update as I mentioned in my last post.

HP Recommended

Same issue as others here. First started occurring around May 8th as others. After reinstalling windows, it stopped until today when it happened spontaneously again, using a restore point from a week ago didn't resolve it. I don't believe any updates had installed, so I'm at a loss as to what could have caused it to start up again.

HP Recommended

There is a better thread with possible solutions in here if you go and take a look there could be solutions for you.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=OSandSW&message.id=178497#M178497

HP Recommended

Thanks for sharing that thread. 

Anyone who is still having issues I recommend calling HP tech support. It's easiest to get through if you call in the morning.

HP Recommended

I have not heard anything yet.  However, it is easy to see an increase in HP Omen PC owners posting on the HP Support and other web sites, starting around the first part of May.  These KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bluescreen errors are often caused by misbehaving drivers, and apps that support specific hardware, like an app for managing a storage device, headset, mouse, network device (wireless/ethernet), etc.  My suspicion is that there was an updated driver or other software for some hardware in the HP Omen PC's (and other similar HP PC's), like the driver or related app for HP Omen hardware devices like the Intel storage devices, network devices, audio devices, etc.  Many of those drivers and related management software will load during startup, whether or not your are booting into "Safe Mode".  This theory is also supported by my own experience, where the problem temporarily goes away after wiping/resetting my PC back to factory defaults, but then the problem returns when I am updating Windows, apps, and drivers.  It would also explain why a System Restore also temporarily fixes the problem, only to return, soon after.  My theory is that the driver/software update causes the affected devices to try to use RAM that is already in use by a critical part of the system.  It would also explain how it could still happen at random times, but could also happen when the system is starting, causing these inescapable BSOD error loops.  I highly recommend that people ensure their System Restore functionality is in working order.  It might be a good idea to limit System Restore to ONLY drive "C:", to reduce the chances of errors when using System Restore to get the system bootable again.  If System Restore has ANY problem with a single file, the entire restore fails.  So, to give yourself the best chance of restoring when encountering this problem, make sure System Restore is only trying to backup and restore the drive that has Windows and the drivers installed, and not get botched by some other app or file on another drive that otherwise isn't important to getting the PC working again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.