Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 23-q110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP PAVILLION ALL IN 1 MODEL 23-Q110  MY COMP SHUT DOWN WHILE IN USE. NO WARNING OR COLORED SCREEN OR ANYTHING. WHEN IT SHUTS DOWN I HAVE TO TURN IT BACK ON AND LET IT LOAD BACK UP AND I CAN GO BACK TO MY GAME THEN IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN, NO SET TIME JUST AFTER A BIT IT SHUTS DOWN AGAIN. 

THANKS DAVE

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Dave,

I can only guess you may have a thermal problem (GPU or CPU or both) or a driver problem. 

I would stress test your PC using the following stuff.

Download and run Heaven benchmark (Link).

Download and run Prime95 to test the CPU (Link).

You have a integrated SOC processor and chipset which is not upgradable and integrated AMD R6 graphics.

Your game options are limited by the integrated CPU and GPU.

Chances are each test above will crash your system.

Regards

HP Recommended

IF IT CRASHES WILL I LOSE EVERYTHING ON THE COMP. OR WHAT? I FIGURED I BETTER ASK FIRST BEFORE I CRASH IT

HP Recommended

Hi,

Back up data before troubleshooting. You should always back up data on a regular schedule.

One or both tests will most likely cause the same symptoms you are seeing now. Heaven will stress the graphics, Prime95 will stress the CPU. Abrupt system shutdowns are usually caused by: heat, system driver or file corruption, a faulty power supply or other faulty hardware.

There is always a chance of messing up Windows when the system shuts down without user intervention.

Your PC shuts down when you are playing a game. This action is going to eventually corrupt Windows. I am surprised you have not had startup issues now.

You could also test hardware. Restart the PC, Tap "ECS", select "F2", run system tests. Check Windows for system file corruption by following steps at this link (Link).

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.