Techno-Dad
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Pavilion 11- k134TU problems with Wi-fi and just generally unstable

HP Recommended
Pavilion 11-k134TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This computer has had issues right from the start. Just wondering if this is common with this model. We bought for our daughter going into year 4 in 2017. She had troubles straight away getting the wi-fi to work. I was busy working and solving usual business computer problems with 6 computers so I just thought she was having trouble with initial startup. When I looked at it I could not get wi-fi to work. I called support and they got it to work but next time it started again it struggled to load windows and wi-fi and it has had problems ever since. Luckily my daughter didn’t actually need it for school so it just had been placed to one side. I just started it up again and it has just let me know that advanced troubleshooting can not repair your computer. Currently I am resetting to see if I can upgrade windows and see if it will work after that. Pretty sure it is a lemon. Getting a BYOD next year and it won’t be HP after this experience. Has anyone else had similar problems with this model?

2 REPLIES 2
Lil_Boy_Blue
Level 12
7,692 7,654 332 704
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

One of these 

HP Pavilion x360 - 11-k134tu     ?

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=P3V91PA

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-pavilion-11-k100-x360-convertible-pc/8499314/model/8959531/m...

Fitted with an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 combination WLAN adapter

A driver could be here...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29122/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters

If in doubt please ask.

0 Kudos
Hibb1
Level 6
472 472 38 88
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Personally I would start by running the F2 diags (extensive) test. See what the results are. If all passes, then I would download / create a USB with vanilla Win10 1909.

Boot off that USB, Wipe all partitions during the setup phase and Install a clean Win10. (check what edition you have prior to wiping, Home, S, etc..)

Windows 10 update should install all the drivers, but you can install the HP support assistant to install any missing ones. You can also install the HP UEFI diags as well.

Update the BIOS to the latest version. Don't update the BIOS through the HP support assistant. Download the BIOS .exe file and run it.

IF you have realtek WiFi then download / install the latest HP version of the driver.

If you have Intel WiFi, install the latest version from the Intel site.

See how you go!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation