Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion a6658f
Microsoft Windows XP

I have a HP Pavilion A6658f desktop that I foolishly update the BIOS to a 2009 version (HPQOEM 20090910) and now it can not see the floppy controller.  I either need to rollback the BIOS to the HPQOEM 20080905 version I which I cannot seem to find anywhere) or get a floppy control driver that actually works. Advice?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
where does this version come from ??
You have a 2010 version from hp for this model:

and it is given in this form

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-a6600-desktop-pc-series/37939...

Type:
BIOS
Version:

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

When you go into systeminfo (Cmd Prompt) it gives the BIOS version as HPQOEM 20090910 which I'm assuming is a 2009 version, correct?

HP Recommended

mmm ..
Ok, on this type of computer can be ..
Mine indicates the version of the bios, the same which is indicated in the HP file
And many other models.

HP Desktop PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

HP System Information window

what is indicated in the bios ?

BIOS Setup Utility Information and Menu Options

Finding the BIOS version

But so, still doesn't tell me where you downloaded it ??

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

If you look to your previous message, got it the same place you indicated (https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-a6600-desktop-pc-series/37939...).  That is where it came from.

HP Recommended

well as you can see there are no other versions available on this page!
it's risky you can check this, there is another version

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-a6600-desktop-pc-series/3793920

IPIBL-LB Motherboard BIOS Update

5.351.7 MBDec 18, 2008Download

Either it won't work, sometimes it's impossible to go back.
But it could be more serious, and make the computer unusable.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.