starplayer
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP RECOVERY TOOL FOR OLD HP

HP Recommended
H2M80AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did download the image recovery tool but Product id is not showing up while creating USB disk for the tool. It seems my HP machine is not registered in the tool. So its not working .p lease help.

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,531 122,708 20,188 30,971
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can reinstall W10 for free by making a bootable USB installation flash drive using the media creation tool at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

When you get to the part of the installation where you are asked to enter a product key, select the 'I don't have a product key' option, and W10 will install and automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

0 Kudos
starplayer
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would like to save my files on my desktop. I hope by installing from Microsoft usb disk it would wipe out my files. Is there a link to get HP recovery tool which could recognize my old hp desktop and install windows 10? Please help.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,531 122,708 20,188 30,971
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You need to save your files to a portable hard drive, or they will be lost.

I have given you all the help I can regarding this matter.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation