Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY ALL IN ONE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP wireless mouse, and just recently when i use the scroll wheel in the middle of the mouse, it seems to scroll up and down really weird.  Sometimes when I scroll up, it scrolls down the page, sometimes a little bit, and sometimes a lot. Same goes for when i scroll down. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@ROYCE000

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Have you tested the mouse with other Notebooks or computers?

If the issue persists with other computers, then it's likely to be an issue with the scrolling mechanism in the Mouse

I would suggest to contact HP Support for replacement mouse

Click on this link -www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

The problem that i have an all in one computer and the usb device for the mouse is built in so i can’t try on on other computer.

and now in my region is everything close coz of corona virus and i meed this mouse.

i found on the community for other mouse model that i should clean the wheel with alcohol but the problem with my mouse that i can’t open it to clean it , i don’t find any screw.

so if you have any idea to open it please help me.

thank you

HP Recommended

@ROYCE000

HP does not recommend opening the Mouse since this will void the warranty incase of any damage

The only option right now is to contact HP Support and check for a replacement mouse

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

The warranty is already expired and i need the mouse now and it’s impossible to buy new one now because in my region everything closed so if you have any idea how to open please tell me

HP Recommended

@ROYCE000

Unfortunately you cannot open the Mouse since you might damage it. If you wish to do so ,you can but at your own discretion 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok one hint There is screws to open it?

HP Recommended

@ROYCE000

😊 Every mouse or Keyboard can be opened by removing the Screws. But since HP does not recommend customers to open up Mouse and Keyboard, that is why there is no Manual regarding the same.

You can remove the screws and open up the Mouse but please note that you might damage it. Since it's out of warranty, then no harm in trying since it's not even workign right now

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and am quite sure it's just the scroll wheel gunked up. I do not see any screws and understand that my warranty would be voided (it's out of warranty anyway) but could anyone here give me a hint as to where there might be a screw? I don't see any screws when I lift the arch to change batteries.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.