Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilio• HP ENVY Curved All-in-One PC 34-b0xx - Product no. Z7C05EAn 65XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows Hello Face is failing since a while with following error message:

Sorry, something went wrong - Couldn't turn on the camera

I tried to re-install camera driver x-times with no luck

I followed HPs Troubleshooting Windows Hello Face Recocnition instructions, still with no luck.

As HP support in Switzerland is not reachable at all, neither by phone nor is anyone answering Messanger Chat, why should they, it's only for a single user which has got this not too cheap Desktop anyway.

So I am hoping, someone in here has an advise how to proceed

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@PK66,

I reviewed your post and I understand that the Windows Hello feature is not working on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

The webcam working when you open the camera app?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Download the RGB Camera firmware update tool from hp.com (sp81543.exe).
  2. Run the firmware update tool on the PC connected to the monitor.
  3. In Desktop mode, right-click on the Windows Menu (lower left corner of screen) and select Device Manager.
  4. Expand Imaging Devices.
  5. Right-click HP HD Camera (or similar device), and select Remove.
  6. Reboot the PC.

Then, Disable Windows Hello and the run the Hello setup again

1. Select Settings > Account > Sign-in Options > Face Recognition then click the Remove button.
  2. Select Settings > Account > Sign-in Options > Windows Hello > Face, then click the Setup button.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there,

there is no "Imaging Devices" listed in my "Device Manager". What I have is "Cameras" and there an "HP High Definition 1MP Webcam" which I have already uninstalled a felt 100x, same amount of reboots with no luck.

When I go to Settings > Account Sign-in Options >I have there "Windows Hello Face" Option only there I try the "Set up"  then "Get started" and right after the "Sorry, something went wrong..." etc. text appears for second and right after I am back at the beginning.

When I got it new it used to work.

I also searched and even found sp81543.exe, ran it, but it seemed to have done nothing really, even though, with no luck.

Any additional thoughts?

Best, 
Peter

And thanks for trying to help.

HP Recommended

@PK66,

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog located here: http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/home.aspx.

In the search box type "HP Truevision" and perform the search.

You get a list of drivers. Look for the following driver:

SunplusIT - Camera - 10/27/2017 12:00:00 AM - 3.6.8.7

Note that there will be 2 drivers with all the same details. Only the size of the download differs. If I'm not mistaken, one is probably the 32-bit version while the other is 64-bit. You want to download the one that has a size of 862KB.

Once downloaded, put the file in a folder and extract the contents of the CAB file that you just downloaded. Winzip is an example of a program that can do this. Just right-click on the file and pick "Unzip to here" if you have Winzip installed.

Next, open Device Manager (Windows Key + X, then select Device Manager), locate the camera in the list of devices and double-click on it, go to the driver tab, select Update Driver, Browse my computer for drivers, point it to the location where you extracted the downloaded CAB file and click on Next.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette,

many thanks for your suggestion but it has failed with following input:

The best drivers for your device are already installed.

Windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed. There may be better drivers on Windows Update or on the device manufacturer's website.

Realtek DMFT - RGB

Any other thoughts'

Cheers,

Peter

HP Recommended

@PK66,

I recommend you perform a system restore back to the date when Windows hello was working fine.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform a system restore.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.