cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guidelines
The HP Consumer Support Forum is a way for customers to help each other find answers, solve problems, and get the most out of their HP products.

Please review the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation before posting to this site. You must be registered and signed in to post. Sign in here

Helpful Advice: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More   Returning Visitor? Learn Advanced Forum Tips
Dylanfan02
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Z600

HP 600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an HP Z600 Workstation. 2x Intel XEON 5650. 24 GB ram. Can I use Windows 10 for Workstation om this PC.

5 REPLIES 5
Level 12
11,043 11,017 575 1,638
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Z600

The page: Software and driver results for: HP Z600 Workstation

lists device-drivers for Windows 7 and 8 (64-bit).

Presumably, Microsoft "knows" about your model of computer, and has included the necessary device-drivers into the Windows 10 distribution.  Thus, the HP web-site does not need to "duplicate" the information onto their web-site.

Download Windows 10, for free, via: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

and "test-install" it -- just "skip" entering the 25-character product-key.

Windows 10 will run, for a few days.

You can then open Device Manager, to see if any device-drivers are "missing".

Run Windows Update, to see if Windows Update will find/download/install those device-drivers.

0 Kudos
Dylanfan02
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Z600

It's about Windows 10 specially written for Workstations.

0 Kudos
Level 12
11,043 11,017 575 1,638
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Z600

> It's about Windows 10 specially written for Workstations.

It's quite possible that Microsoft Windows is a "cumulative" piece of software, namely that all the code added to Windows XP to produce Windows Vista, or added to Windows Vista to produce Windows 7, or added to Windows 7 to produce Windows 8, is still present in Windows 10.

Because Windows 7 & 8 are supported for the hardware of your HP workstation, there is a strong expectation that Windows 10 will also support the hardware of your HP workstation.

Of course, there are exceptions -- my Lenovo Thinkpad tablet has a processor that is supported by the '1607' release of Windows 10, but, by Microsoft's declaration, later releases of Windows 10 ('1611', '1703', '1709', '1804') contain software that DOES NOT RUN on the processor in this tablet.

So, I repeat: for "free", give Windows 10 a "test-drive" on your hardware.  That's the only way to achieve certainty.

0 Kudos
Bernd83HN
Level 2
19 16 1 3
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Z600

Hi,

i Use Windows 10 Pro on my Z600.
It works very fine. I buyed it from a reseller with windows 10 on it (with Licence).
And i installed it 2 times from a standard iso.

I see no Problems in using windows 10 on the Z600

0 Kudos
GUIGO
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Z600

Hi

I have a z600 optimized too

dual xeon e5630 -(2x8go ram) + 8 go ram) 24go /16 proc hypertreading on

nvidia gtx950  + card sound blaster xi + ssd samsung...

in the past with windows 10 update i pass in w10 

but some problems

no ethernet , no sound...

so i back in w7

but dus to problems with windows 7 breack recently

i install windows 10 again by lunching the may iso from my desktop that i download

sucessuflly  no problems

ethernet works this time...

just a probeme with my sound card i found the drivers by the way of driverscloud.com

i am satisfied actualy with this windows 10

more compatibilty z600 w10.PNG

regards

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation