Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0070
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am a US soldier living in Italy. I bought a PC here awhile back from the PX. It's an HP OMEN. Thought it was a good deal until randomly my Windows activation stopped working and no longer accepts the assigned one, good thing its an OEM. So for awhile I'd have the windows activation window pop-up... mildly disruptive. I asked HP to help me many times, they said I would need a flash drive with 32gbs of space. However, they never emailed me the file as promised. I then deployed to Africa. When I got back my PC wouldn't take Windows updates, now when it tries to update it freezes the whole system and I get a blue screen of death. I bet you that they will now say my computer is out of warranty, even though this issue was filed way before the warranty deadline. $2200 wasted on what HP gives you when you buy their systems, then they don't even give you the so much as a thank you, for the absolute disrespect to its clients. I am tired of jumping through hoops with robots who can't even get to the real issue. I'm tired of a company that shows zero respect for its clients and or supporters. HP doesn't care about its products once they leave the stores. They only want your money and the end product isn't worth half what they charge you for it, if you built it yourself. HP, Human Poop....

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ThisGuy123 

I am flabergasted that anyone in HP would tell you that they would email you 32GB of files!  That simply makes no sense at all!!

Maybe they meant they would mail you the USB stick -- but I am not aware of HP being willing to do that.  As far as I know, you have to go out and buy your own USB stick.

And even then, you use that stick to go online to an HP site where you download GBs of files in order to create HP Recovery Media.  So, you need a very fast Internet connection for this to take less than HOURS to complete.

You said you "got it back" -- implying that you sent it in to HP for servicing. Which HP site did you send it to?  If you provide that information, I can pass that along to the Moderators and they might be able to get someone from HP to contact you directly about this situation.  If that happens, they would sent you a PM and reply to this thread.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@ThisGuy123 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

They offered to send me a flash drive, however I am in the Army and stationed overseas. Last time I had something mailed here it took two months and half the packages were lost in transit.

All I want is to be able to use my PC without it crashing due to failed windows updates and blue screening, all because my OEM windows key somehow got lost and isn’t activated anymore. Which makes no sense to me seeing that the key is literally programmed into the device.

This whole process has been a nightmare, I want to come home, relax after a day or some weeks in the field and I have to troubleshoot my computer almost every time, if not reset it, then spend a whole day redownloading all my lost games and such. It really has been the most difficult piece of junk I have ever bought and I am ashamed I trusted in HP to provide a quality product, when I could do much better building my own PC, and I don’t have billions of dollars and a team of engineers to get it done...

Also they did email me the new image for the PC. So I have that now, I just need to find a store here that actually sells a 32gb flash drive.

HP Recommended

@ThisGuy123 

Thank you for the update.

You can download the image and follow the steps in the below article to install the operating system on your computer.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

Let me know if you need further assistance.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.