cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jbsmelser
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP desktop freezes on the blue HP logo screen (99% of the time)

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1297cb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am totally out of ideas troubleshooting this PC...about 99% of the time my PC freezes on the blue HP logo screen. None of the F keys provide any help whatsoever. It seems like I am not able to access the bios at all. I usually have to press the power button over and over, constantly restarting the PC until it eventually makes it to the windows loading screen. According to the black screen it seems like it isn't reading my RAM. But why would my PC just stop reading my RAM all of the sudden? Any help would be greatly appreciated!PC stays frozen on this screenPC stays frozen on this screenIf I try to press any of the pre boot function keys  this is  what pops up.If I try to press any of the pre boot function keys this is what pops up.

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Thanks for the screen shots.

Yes, no RAM detection. So, either you have bad RAM or the memory controller on the motherboard has failed.

Your PC is pretty old.

Try reseating the RAM. Try one stick at a time in each memory module.

The last option would be to get a new stick of RAM and try it in each memory module.

It may be time to upgrade to a new PC.

Regards

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation