Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP w2007
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have a HP w2007 monitor and whenever i start up GTA 5 the screen says "input signal out of range change settings to 1680x1050-60Hz. now my monitor is already at that, the settings in windows is also at that and still no luck. i am using a VGA to HDMI as my computer does not have VGA. Im not sure what to do at this point i have searched a lot up and tried some different things but nothing has worked!! Please help me!!!!! i have a CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme 2.9GHz  intelcore i5-9400F w/ 16GB       512GB SSD       16GB RAM     NVIDIA Geforve GTX 1660 Ti Graphics Card

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@tannerriplinger,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with monitor resolution when playing games.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Are you facing the same issue on other games?

Meanwhile, I recommend you go to the game video settings and set the video resolution accordingly and check if it helps.

Also, update the graphics driver on the computer and check if it helps.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having a similar problem connecting my laptop to the HP w2007 monitor.  

I'm running a new HP laptop (Bang & Olufsen), when I connect to the HPw2007 moitor, I get the same error.  My laptop is set a display setting of:

Desktop resolution: 1600 x 900

Active signal resolution: 1920 x 1080

Refresh rate: 60Hz

I would really like to be able to use the 2nd monitor...

HP Recommended

I fixed the issue, for me I had to go into the game and go into the video settings right in the game, if your having the issue just while playing games then try that!! that's the only time I had an issue is when gta 5 was starting up

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.