Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All in one 24-b017c Touch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Had to do a reset on my PC because it had frozen and would not even start in safe mode. It seems to be working ok now  but the touchscreen is not working. when I go into device manager under HID it is no longer listed. Under specifications it now is showing under Pen and Touch: No pen and touch input is available for this display it is like the reset took it out completely. went to HP drivers and tried to download touch drivers but it wont allow it says something that its not for my PC any help or ideas on how to restore the touchscreen function would be greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Anthony311

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ran the HP support Assistant as you suggested came up blank no updates to show also ran windows updates nothing for me there as well .Ran the trouble shooter no help. In device manager under Human interface devices touchscreen is not listed and under universal serial Bus controllers I show and error Unknown USB Device ( Device Descriptor request Failed) when I click on that it shows Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems ( code 43). Anything else that you can recommend that I try?  Thanks in advanced. 

HP Recommended

@Anthony311

Try running the Touchscreen Test from F2 Diagnostic and let me know if that helps

1. Connect the AC adapter to the computer.

2. Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

3. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the Startup menu appears, press F2.

4. When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics screen displays, click Component Tests.

Component Tests in HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI

5. Click Touch Screen.

6. There are two interactive touch screen hardware tests. Click Touch Pointer Test first.

Touch Pointer Test in UEFI

7. Read the on-screen instructions, and then click Run once.

8. Touch each of the blocks on the screen to erase them. The test ends after you erase all the blocks or after three minutes have passed, and the results display.

Touch the blocks to erase them

9. Click Main menu to return to the main screen.

10. Click Component Tests, and then click Touch Screen.

11. Click Drag And Drop Test.

Drag and Drop Test in UEFI

12. Read the on-screen instructions, and then click Run once.

13. Drag each orange rectangle to the box indicated by the arrows with a finger or a stylus. The test ends after you reposition all the blocks or after three minutes, and the results display.

Drag the blocks to the correct empty box

• If the diagnostics tests pass but the touch screen still does not respond during regular use, continue to the next step.

Keep me posted

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ran the test as you requested there is nothing listed under touchscreen. There is one for mouse, display ect...  no touchscreen. It's like it never existed I don't know whats going on.

HP Recommended

@Anthony311

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03488148

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.