Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
BU Z2 SFF G4 WKS/
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just bought six HP BU Z2 SFF G4 WKS.  And I have turn them on and the hard drive is not being recongnize at all on none of the six machine.  What can I do to at least boot up to a windows screen?  I have tried using the HP Sure Start Recover, and I get the error that the system doesn't have a valid Hard Drive in the system.  I have run the Hard drive test and it comes up 100% good and pass all of the tests.  I am not sure if Windows 10 OS is loaded like it should on these six (6) computers.  What can I do to get them up and running?

Thanks

Curtis Young

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You can download the WIndows 10 ISO and create a bootable USB stick with the media creation tool.

This is the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

You could also try changing boot mode from legacy to UEFI and/or UEFI native. If that boot mode changes once the OS is installed it'll no longer recognise the OS.

HP Recommended

I have tried the above listed things and still the hard drive is not being seen at all, do I need to download any special drives so that I can see and maybe reformat the hard drive again?

Thanks

Curtis

HP Recommended

Hi,

According to the HP website, these units are supplied with a "HP Z Turbo Drive PCIe SSD" HDD.

Is this what your systems have? If you go into BIOS (F10) is that what's displayed under 'storage options' (or similar)?

So you're saying that when you boot off the WIndows installation stick it doesn't see any storage devices?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.