Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion P6 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Would like to speed up my computer. Thinking about adding a SSD hard drive. Advice??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tomm53 

You didn't say which specific model PC you have, but presuming that it does NOT have an M.s slot on the motherboard, then any SATA SSD will do, and there is little point in spending as much as you can, but instead, go with the cheapest you can find that has the capacity you want.

I recently updated an old PC with a 240GB SSD I got for $40 and it works really well now.  I could have paid $60 even $80, but performance was not that important to pay so much more

Suggest you do some online research about the different models and their performance specs -- as the much more expensive models of SATA drives only perform marginally better than the cheaper ones.  You have to go to M.2 and even then, to Pcie-4, to get the top performance these days.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.